This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Little things

While I was driving Creighton to school this morning, I  was thinking about my daddy. He was definitely the morning person in our family, so naturally he was the one to wake us up for school.  Rarely a day passed when he did not wake us up by clapping his hands and saying, "Wake up! This is the day the Lord made! Lets be glad in it!".  It was so very routine to hear it in our house.  I am sure I took it for granted. At our house now, you might hear, "Wake up Creighton!! We are late!" or maybe "Hurry up! We have four children to put in the car!"  My dad never seemed to be anxious or in a hurry. He made a hot breakfast EVERY MORNING!  He never let us have sugar for breakfast, because it "builds you up and then lets you back down" :) .  He would periodically asked us to name the four *important* principles of life: Do what is right, Do the best you can, Treat other people the way you would like to be treated, and the most important-Be a man of your word. I could go on and on about the *little* things he did that made such a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment